Termites are one of those problems many Longview homeowners dread. Destructive and hard to eradicate, a termite infestation can totally devastate a home. The worst part is that it's often difficult to detect these pests until major damage occurs.
Don't take any chances when it comes to the safety of your home. At Gecko Pest Control, we provide year-round professional pest control in Longview. Over the past 20 years, we've developed a reputation for providing effective pest control solutions with friendly and professional service. Plus, we use EPA-approved products and techniques to ensure the safety of your family and property.
If you're concerned about a potential termite infestation in your home, contact us today. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide a free inspection.
How To Identify Termites And Their Damage
Termites are small, wingless insects that people often mistake for ants. They range in color from light to dark brown and have six legs. They're most active after heavy rains or during the summer months when humidity is high. However, termites can be active year-round and most likely infest your home during the spring and fall seasons. They usually enter homes through cracks in the foundation or gaps around windows and doors.
Early detection of termites is essential. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to spot warning signs. Termites live in dark and damp places, so they're usually discovered after they cause damage. When inspecting for signs of termites in your home, look for the following:
- Discarded wings around windows and doors: Termites shed their wings after swarming, leaving behind piles of tiny, scaly wings.
- Mud tubes on the foundation: Termites build mud tubes to create pathways between their colony and a food source. If you notice small tunnels made of soil along your home's exterior walls or in crawl spaces, it could be a sign of a termite infestation.
- Damaged wood or furniture: Termites feed on wood, which can lead to structural damage and weakened support beams in homes. Look for signs of wood damage, such as hollowed-out areas or buckling furniture.
- Hollow-sounding wood when tapped: If you tap on a wall or piece of furniture and it sounds hollow, it could be a sign that termites have eaten through the wood.
- Small piles of sawdust near baseboards or other areas: Termites produce a sawdust-like material when they eat wood, which can collect near baseboards or other areas in your home.
- Swarms of flying insects: If you see a large number of flying insects near your windows or doors, they could be swarmers - winged termites looking to start a new colony.
If you suspect a termite infestation in your Longview home, contact Gecko Pest Control immediately. Our experienced termite control technicians use advanced detection methods to identify and remove termites from your home. Your safety, health, and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we'll work hard to provide the best termite removal solution for your home. Contact us today to learn more.
Why And How Termites Infest And Destroy Homes
Termites invade our homes because they offer the perfect environment for them to thrive. They love dark, damp places, and homes provide plenty of these spaces. Termites feed on wood, slowly eating away at walls and furniture.
As they consume the wood, they create all kinds of damage in your home, including:
- Structural damage: Termites can cause extensive structural damage to walls, floors, and ceilings. They'll eat away at the support beams and weaken the structure of your home. In extreme cases, structural damage caused by termites can even lead to collapse.
- Damage to furniture: Termites love wood and will feed on all kinds of wooden furniture, including tables, chairs, and cabinets. They'll chew through the wood, leaving behind damaged furniture that may be unsafe to use or repair.
- Wood rot: Termites eat away at wood, causing it to rot over time. If left unchecked, wood rot can lead to structural damage and increased safety risks.
- Health risks: Not only do termites cause physical damage, but they can also put your health at risk. They can exacerbate allergies or asthma by stirring up dust and particulates.
By regularly inspecting your home for signs of termites, you can prevent these kinds of damages and protect your home. If you find evidence of a termite infestation, contact an experienced pest control professional immediately to help eliminate the problem.
Gecko Pest Control is here to help. We offer comprehensive termite control services that eliminate infestations and protect your home from future attacks. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you eliminate a termite problem in your Longview home.
Factors That Attract Termites To Homes And How To Remove Them
Termites can be a serious problem for homeowners in Longview. These tiny pests can cause significant structural damage and require costly repairs, so it is important to take steps to prevent termites from setting up shop in your home.
Here are some things that attract termites to your home and how to remove them:
- Moisture: One of the most common factors that attract termites is moisture. Termites love moist environments because they need water to survive, so if there are areas of your home that are damp or have poor drainage, these may be attractive to termites. This could include leaky pipes, clogged gutters, and even air conditioning units that don't drain properly. To prevent a termite infestation, inspect your home for any sources of moisture and address them as soon as possible.
- Wood Debris: Wood debris is another major factor that attracts termites. This includes things like firewood piles, sawdust piles, and even old tree stumps. If there are any wood debris piles on your property or near your home, remove them immediately, as they can provide an ideal environment for termite colonies to thrive.
- Tree Branches: Tree branches can also be attractive to termites because they provide easy access to your home. If there are any tree branches hanging over or near your house, trim them back, so they don't become a point of entry for invading pests. Additionally, if there are any dead trees on your property that you still need to remove, make sure you remove them as soon as possible. Dead trees are not only unsightly, but they can also be an open invitation for pests like termites.
The key is staying vigilant and addressing potential issues before they become real problems. With proper prevention techniques in place and regular inspections from a professional, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about when it comes to keeping termites away from your Longview home.
For the best protection against termites, trust our experts at Gecko Pest Control. Our experienced technicians are ready to provide you with all your pest control needs and help keep your home safe from unwanted guests. Contact us today to learn more about our termite control services in Longview.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Benefits Of Year-Round Professional Termite Control
Termites can cause serious damage to your home, and the cost of repairs can be astronomical. The best way to protect your home from termite damage is with year-round professional termite control services.
Here are just a few benefits of having a professional inspect, treat, and monitor your Longview home for termite activity:
- Early detection: Professional termite control services can detect signs of a termite infestation before it gets out of hand. Early detection means that treatment can begin right away and minimize the chances of costly damage to your home. The sooner an infestation is detected, the better.
- Regular inspections and treatments: With regular inspections and treatments, your home will remain protected from termites all year round. At Gecko Pest Control, our professionally trained termite control technicians will look for any signs of a termite infestation so they can apply the appropriate treatments if needed; this helps keep your home safe from future attacks.
- Peace of mind: Having professional termite control services in place protects your home from termite damage and gives you peace of mind. You can rest easy knowing that if a termite infestation were to occur, it would be taken care of quickly and efficiently by an experienced team of professionals.
At Gecko Pest Control, we’re proud to offer quality year-round termite control services in Longview. Our experienced technicians will identify, treat, and monitor for termites so you can enjoy peace of mind in your home. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Longview and get started on protecting your property from termites. Let us show you why we are the best termite control company for your Longview home.
What Gecko Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"I just wanted to say that y’all have some of the best and kind hearted employees working for Gecko. Landen came out today and went above and beyond to represent the company and who he is as a person. I am very thankful for his hospitality and professionalism. Great team you have!! Proud to be a Gecko customer."
"Love this company. Very professional. All there employees are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and just darn nice!"
"Ryan did a very thorough job in spraying around the house. He walked the exterior of the house with me to learn my specific needs. He was even very helpful to help move the humming bird feeders before this initial spray. Daren was also very informative I’m explaining the services. They were able to come out the day I called and were prompt arriving."