Ants In Carthage Homes: A Comprehensive Prevention And Control Guide
Ants are arguably one of the most invasive insects you will likely ever have to deal with in your home. In Texas, it is ant season all year long. These tiny insects can live inside your walls, above your ceiling, and in other hard-to-reach places without you even knowing it.
At Gecko Pest Control, we know how frustrating it can be to have an ant infestation in your Carthage home. Our experienced Carthage pest control specialist can help you eliminate the various types of ants that are found in this area.
Common Types Of Ants Found In Carthage
There are several types of ants in Carthage. Some of the most common types of ants that you are likely to see if you live in this area include:
- Little black ants: This ant gets its name from its small size and dark-colored body. They usually only measure around 1/16 of an inch long. They are found outside in heavily wooded areas. They can generally be found in dark and humid areas if they come inside.
- Fire ants: This type of ant is rarely found inside your home, but they can cause damage to your yard with their large nests. They usually measure around 3/8 inch long and typically have brownish-red bodies.
- Carpenter ants: These ants are larger than others around your home. The carpenter ant can measure between 1/2 to 5/8 inch long. Usually, their bodies are black, red, or a combination of both. They are known for building their nest inside wooden objects and surfaces around your home.
While many people think ants are nothing more than a nuisance, some ants can be exceptionally hazardous to your health. Even if you don't come into direct contact with the ant, just having them in your home can be dangerous.
The Health Risks Of Ant Infestations
Ants are one of the most underestimated pests when it comes to the amount of danger they can inflict on others. These little creatures may be tiny, but they can still carry a lot of bacteria and harmful pathogens around on their miniature bodies. If they are able to walk across your food, plate, or eating utensils, they may pass these harmful pathogens on to you. Some of the most common illnesses people catch from ants include salmonellosis, E. coli infections, and streptococcus.
If you have fire ants in your yard, you may be at risk for developing severe allergic reactions if you get too close. Fire ants can become extremely aggressive when you get too close to their nest. They can both bite and sting you, which could be painful. When they sting you, they will inject a small amount of venom into your body, which can cause anaphylaxis or another severe allergic reaction in certain people.
Five Naturally Effective Ways To Prevent Ant Infestations
If you want to prevent ants in Carthage from coming into your home. Five things that you can try include:
- Thoroughly sweep and mop your floors often
- Keep a lid on your trash cans
- Keep the grass in your yard cut short
- Don't leave food out
- Fix moisture issues in your home
You should also make sure that there are no cracks or gaps around your home. An ant can squeeze through openings that are only a few centimeters wide. Check your home thoroughly for any potential entry points.
The Best Options For Ant Control In Carthage
If you want to get rid of the ants on your property for good, give us a call today. At Gecko Pest Control, we take the hassle and stress out of ant control. Reach out today for help with ants and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Carthage.
What Gecko Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"I just wanted to say that y’all have some of the best and kind hearted employees working for Gecko. Landen came out today and went above and beyond to represent the company and who he is as a person. I am very thankful for his hospitality and professionalism. Great team you have!! Proud to be a Gecko customer."
"Love this company. Very professional. All there employees are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and just darn nice!"
"Ryan did a very thorough job in spraying around the house. He walked the exterior of the house with me to learn my specific needs. He was even very helpful to help move the humming bird feeders before this initial spray. Daren was also very informative I’m explaining the services. They were able to come out the day I called and were prompt arriving."