The Ultimate Guide To Tick Control: Protecting Your Home And Family In Kilgore
Your backyard is supposed to be a safe place where your children can play, pets can run around, and your family can relax and enjoy time together. But when ticks find a way onto your property, they create a risk for everyone. This guide will provide the information you need to protect your home and family from these dangerous pests.
We’ll start by describing the most common ticks and review the risks they pose when they bite. We’ll also give expert advice on keeping ticks off your property and keeping your family safe. Learn more about effective tick control in Kilgore with the pros from Gecko Pest Control.
Common Types Of Ticks: Identification And Characteristics
Ticks are small parasitic arachnids that feed on the blood of warm-blooded mammals like people, pets, and wildlife. The following list describes the most common types of ticks in Texas:
- American dog ticks are brown with white or gray markings and have a hard exterior shell.
- Black-legged ticks are orange-brown with dark legs, have flat oval bodies, and are not hard-shelled.
- Brown dog ticks are reddish brown when unfed but turn gray-blue when engorged and have oval, flat bodies.
- Lone star ticks are reddish-brown but become gray when engorged, and females have a single white dot on their backs.
If ticks are a problem on your property, the pros at Gecko Pest Control are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our tick control services or to request a free inspection.
Tick-Borne Diseases: The Silent Threat Of Tick Bites
When ticks bite a host like a wild animal, they sometimes pick up blood-borne pathogens, which they can carry and spread to the next host they bite through their saliva. Sadly, there is no way to tell if a tick has a disease until the person gets sick. Here are some of the diseases caused by ticks in our area:
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Lyme disease
- Boutonneuse fever
- Canine Babesia
- Heartland virus
- Southern tick-associated rash illness (STARI)
Ticks don’t transfer diseases immediately, so it is crucial to check for them when people come inside and remove them promptly. For help getting rid of ticks in the yard and protecting your family from their risks, contact us today at Gecko Pest Control.
Tick Prevention Tips: Expert Advice For A Tick-Free Life
Working with a professional tick control company is the best way to keep these pests out of the yard, but there is a lot you can do to help. Here are some effective tick prevention tips you can start using right away:
- Keep the grass cut short in the yard, including in hard-to-reach areas near fencing and around children’s play sets.
- Remove overgrown vegetation and debris piles from your property.
- Store garbage in containers with secure lids to avoid attracting skunks, raccoons, and opossums that often carry ticks.
- Deal with any rodent infestations promptly.
- Consider installing fencing around the perimeter of your property to keep wild animals out.
The pros at Gecko Pest Control are here to help you get rid of ticks and keep them from coming back. Contact us today to learn more about our tick prevention services or to request an estimate.
Professional Tick Control Services: Stress-Free And Effective
Working with a local pest company that offers professional tick control in Kilgore is the simplest and most effective solution to tick problems. Contact us today at Gecko Pest Control with any questions about our tick control services or to request your free inspection, and get back to having a safe, tick-free yard.
What Gecko Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"I just wanted to say that y’all have some of the best and kind hearted employees working for Gecko. Landen came out today and went above and beyond to represent the company and who he is as a person. I am very thankful for his hospitality and professionalism. Great team you have!! Proud to be a Gecko customer."
"Love this company. Very professional. All there employees are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and just darn nice!"
"Ryan did a very thorough job in spraying around the house. He walked the exterior of the house with me to learn my specific needs. He was even very helpful to help move the humming bird feeders before this initial spray. Daren was also very informative I’m explaining the services. They were able to come out the day I called and were prompt arriving."