What It Takes To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Longview Property
When left untreated, rat problems can be persistent, destructive, and dangerous. Waiting until rodents have already entered your home or business before worrying about them is a recipe for disaster. Instead, learn how you can prevent rat infestations and quickly remove these rodents from your property with pest control in Longview from Gecko Pest Control.
How To Tell If It’s Rats On Your Property
The signs of rats can sometimes be subtle, but once a thriving population has been established on your property, the evidence becomes a lot clearer. It also becomes both costly and dangerous. So, turn to experts if you notice any or all of these common warning signs of a rodent infestation:
- Bite and scratch marks: Rats will bite and claw at your property, both to gain access to the voids of your structure and to file down their front teeth. You may notice these marks around your property, which is a sure sign of a rat infestation.
- Odor: Rodents create foul odors by leaving their droppings around and practicing unclean nesting habits. The smells will become even worse if they get inside walls or vent systems.
- Noise: Rats are primarily nocturnal, meaning they spend most of their time out and about and hunting for food after the sun goes down. You’re most likely to hear them scrambling around in your walls, attic, or roof when you’re going to sleep.
It’s better to get started on rat prevention before these signs manifest themselves, so contact the pros for guidance on how to keep rats out in the first place.
The Dangers Rats Bring To Properties
Rats aren’t just gross pests. They are actually hazardous to your health and your property. Here are some of the biggest reasons why you shouldn’t mess around with proper rat control:
- Damage: Rodents have teeth that never stop growing, meaning they will chew incessantly on your building, furniture, and other items. They can even damage the utilities that your property relies on every day.
- Health threats: Rats can carry diseases and parasites like fleas and ticks, which pose direct health hazards to you and your loved ones.
- Reputation: While this is especially problematic for businesses, even homeowners can develop bad reputations if they become known as the “rat property” on the block.
By partnering with Gecko Pest Control, you can protect your home or business from all these rat-related threats.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
Since rats are filthy animals that pose health risks to people and pets, it’s better to leave rodent removal to trained professionals. Not only can rat control services from experts like Gecko Pest Control get rid of your rodent infestation at the source, but we can also help you prevent future problems with rodents and other kinds of pests.
Completely eliminating a rodent problem can be difficult to achieve anyway since rats like to hide out of sight in tough-to-reach areas, so don’t waste time with DIY rat control methods. In fact, you shouldn’t wait for an infestation to become a problem before thinking about seeking pest control guidance. Instead, contact the professionals right away to have the problem taken care of.
Effective Prevention Tips To Keep Rats From Returning
Even if you don’t need our rodent removal services right now, we still want to arm you with guidance on how to keep rodents away from your Longview property. When it comes to deterring rats, cleaning up crumbs and spills between meals and storing food in secure containers and locations are good habits to get into. Routinely deep cleaning your property isn’t just about general cleanliness but also about reducing the factors that attract pests. We also recommend that you regularly check your storage areas, including attics, basements, and garages, for signs of rat activity.
Most importantly, you should have a trained home pest control expert inspect your property for signs of pest problems. Getting the problem addressed early helps you avoid the serious side effects of a rat infestation. At Gecko Pest Control, we’re happy to walk you through the proper ways to prevent rats, so contact us today to get started.
What Gecko Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"I just wanted to say that y’all have some of the best and kind hearted employees working for Gecko. Landen came out today and went above and beyond to represent the company and who he is as a person. I am very thankful for his hospitality and professionalism. Great team you have!! Proud to be a Gecko customer."
"Love this company. Very professional. All there employees are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and just darn nice!"
"Ryan did a very thorough job in spraying around the house. He walked the exterior of the house with me to learn my specific needs. He was even very helpful to help move the humming bird feeders before this initial spray. Daren was also very informative I’m explaining the services. They were able to come out the day I called and were prompt arriving."