The Buzz About Bees, Wasps, And Hornets: How To Prevent And Manage Their Presence In Marshall
Although bees are important for agricultural purposes, homeowners don’t necessarily want these stinging insects around. And what if wasps and hornets show up at your home along with the bees? You need expert pest control in Marshall from Gecko Pest Control to remove these potentially dangerous insects.
Managing the presence of bees, wasps, and hornets around your home gives your family a safe place to spend time relaxing outdoors. Should anyone in your household have allergies to stings, eliminating the presence of these flying insects becomes even more important.
About The Bees, Wasps, And Hornets Common In Marshall
A variety of stinging insects are present in Marshall and in East Texas. When our professionals investigate the flying insects that sting that are present near your home, we will identify the species involved, so we can treat the area effectively.
- Wasps: You often find paper wasps and yellow jackets in East Texas near gardens, in attics, and in wooded areas. If they set up near your home, these aggressive pests with black and yellow bodies will be swarming around you in no time.
- Hornets: This area of East Texas often has European hornets, which create nests off the ground in barns, attics, and sheds. They’re usually larger than the common wasp and can be quite aggressive. We also have bald-faced hornets in Marshall, although they are technically wasps, not true hornets.
- Bees: Honey bees are common in the Marshall area, and you may find their hives around rocks, deck railings, and trees. Our team sends calls regarding honey bees to local beekeeper associations for removal whenever possible to avoid harming these important insects.
Insect bites and stings are extremely painful and uncomfortable. At Gecko Pest Control, we work hard to greatly reduce the chance of anyone in your family suffering a sting.
Bees And Wasps Hanging Around Your Yard Can Be Problematic
Most types of stinging insects do not sting when away from the nest. However, if you happen to have a nest in your yard and if you disturb it, you could find yourself in the middle of a stinging swarm in almost no time.
If you or someone in your family is allergic to bee and wasp venom, the presence of these insects is even more problematic. If you have a beehive or wasp’s nest on your property, contact Gecko Pest Control for assistance.
Tips For Preventing Bees, Wasps, And Hornets Around The Yard
After our team at Gecko Pest Services eliminates your stinging insect problem, you can take a few steps to make sure they stay away, including:
- Not leaving food outside
- Eliminating nests as soon as they start to appear
- Sealing your garbage cans
- Planting mint or citronella as a repellent
Wasps, hornets, and bees are most actively looking to establish new nests in spring and early summer, so be sure to deploy your preventative measures during these seasons.
Call Us For Effective Stinging Insect Control
Having hornets, bees, or wasps around your home is not something you just have to tolerate. Do not wait to see if the stinging insects will go away on their own. Once these insects establish a nest on your property, they’re planning to stick around.
You need proactive steps to remove these stinging pests. At Gecko Pest Services, we know how to remove these insects safely. Reach out to our Marshall team for a free inspection today, and you can experience our professional home pest control service with a personal relationship, just like our satisfied customers have in the past.
What Gecko Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"I just wanted to say that y’all have some of the best and kind hearted employees working for Gecko. Landen came out today and went above and beyond to represent the company and who he is as a person. I am very thankful for his hospitality and professionalism. Great team you have!! Proud to be a Gecko customer."
"Love this company. Very professional. All there employees are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and just darn nice!"
"Ryan did a very thorough job in spraying around the house. He walked the exterior of the house with me to learn my specific needs. He was even very helpful to help move the humming bird feeders before this initial spray. Daren was also very informative I’m explaining the services. They were able to come out the day I called and were prompt arriving."